2. Take better care of myself. I need to work on getting at least 6 hours of sleep even when I get off work late. Also I need to eat more regularly (I have started to get busy and just not eat) and like most people could also consume more green stuff. Find a suplimentary (to regular PT) exercise program that I can really stick with. I got busy and this goal sort of ebbed/ flowed and then just slipped away over the past year. I'm not in bad shape but could definitely be in better shape.
3. Better prioritize tasks and be more efficient.
4. Become debt free- Should be done in by the end of March
5. Fully fund ROTH IRA's for Wifey and I.
5.1 Learn about how to analyze and value individual stocks.
6. Add at least $500 (ideally $1,000) to our emergency fund.
7. Buy some silver. It is somewhat flexible but am leaning toward 90% coinage. I hesitate to say an exact amount because as I noted last year price swings change those goals from being realistic to unattainable.
8. Start funding Walkers college education.
Of course we will also continue to not make stupid choices.
Skills and Education
9. Study insurgent/ guerilla/ partisan tactics. This has the added benefit of being 'red hat' stuff for work.
10. Get better at first aid/ trauma stuff. May get moving on this next week.
11. Shave with a straight razor. Sharpen it also. (implied task, get a straight razor)
12. Work on making antennas for world band radio’s and tuning into a variety of stations around the world.
13. Get better at using Excell. Particularly writing formulas to get the most out of what the program is capable of. This will help me with work, blog stuff, preps and life.
14. Learn more about IED construction, emplacement and use.
15. Read a couple of significant books. I wouldn't say classic but but old, noteable type stuff. In particular Edward Gibbon's The History of the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire is on my list. Also read the entire Bible.
Alternates- Skills are an area where things seem more prone to changing due to factors beyond my control. I decided to come up with a few alternatives against that scenario.
Get better at making flat bread
Learn some HTLM
Get better with Powerpoint
16. Probably going to purchase another vehicle. A fairly low mile mid sized SUV with a decent sized 6 cylinder engine (3.5Lish or above) and 4WD. It goes without saying that we will pay cash.
I did a couple of things differently here. I broke stuff down by category. Also if you notice there are numbers after the goals. Those numbers are a tenative plan on what order I will acquire this stuff.
Force Protection Stuff-
17. 1x bullet proof vest. Probably class II or IIIA concealable type-2
18. 3x gas masks-9
20. 500 rounds of .38 special-5.1
21. 500 rounds of 12 gauge buckshot-5.3
22. 1 case 7.62x39 hollow points-5.2
23. AK spare parts-11
24. Buy more mags. In particular a few more Glock happy sticks and a half dozen each for the AR and AK. I am not in a bad place but if I happen to have a couple extra C notes lying around in the late fall this is where they will go- 12 This one might just have to get bumped up in priority with all the shenannigans that have been going on recently.
Food and Water-
25. 4x Berkley black filters-3
26. 1x Katadyn replacement filter-7
27. Nice solar oven-4
Energy and communication-
28. Bigger and better solar trickle charger (folding mat type)-10
29. Compact world band radio-6
30. Get 2 spare Cold Steel folding knives (my EDC) and a leatherman for a rainy day-8. I actually got a Gerber at no cost from work which lets me make a leatherman I already have my primary backup multi tool.
I would have accomplished a couple other goals by now but with me deploying and Wifey going home we have so much happening that I am holding off on doing much of anything. For the immediate future I am just going to keep my life simple and hold cash. At some point when we both get settled that may change. Due to this not much will happen in terms of stuff for awhile.